Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Growing up

So as you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging lately.
In July I finished my 2 year make-up course at college, with top grades, and life was glorious.
I also had it lined up that in January I would be studying at my dream school Greasepaint.
Utterly, utterly glorious.
All it meant was I then had to work my arse off for the next 6 months to save money for the hell that is living in London. As lots of you may know, working 40 to 50 hours a week in a crappy retail job takes it's toll. Yes I have something to aim for and got to do make-up work on the side, but oh boy does it take it's toll. On top of that I've been, and still am, searching for somewhere to live in London. Well that's a nightmare, let's leave it at that.
The good news is that this week I handed in my notice at my crappy retail job. To anyone else in a dead end job that they hate I highly suggest that you do the same, it's a wonderful experience. I have four weeks left now at my 2 (yes 2!) hideous jobs, and it's time to focus more on writing again. I started this blog so that I can share my experiences while training and working as a Make-Up Artist. To recomend products I've tried and tested, to say to those in the same position "Hey it's hard for me too, I get it", and to generally just share my love for the industry. 
What a better time to do that when I'll be a student at (in my opinion) one of the best make-up schools in the country. 
So I'm sorry for the absence and stay tuned for my return to the blogosphere.


ps. to those of you in jobs you hate, I feel you sister. 
It's never too late.

1 comment:

  1. There are few better feelings than handing in your notice for a job you hate! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete