Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

Whoopsie, I'm late to the party!

I've heard so many wonderful things about this product and how it's super duper for dry skin so I have finally gone out and bought it.


MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF 15 - £24, get it here.
MAC Select MoistureCover Concealer, £14.50, buy it here.

Where I have dry skin I often find with even foundations that I love, they become flaky on my skin quite quickly. This is a gel formula intended for dry skin to solve that very problem. I loved this product as soon as I apply it. It completely changes the appearence of your skin!
I also was a little naughty and bought the Select Moisturecover concealer to apply around my eyes, really loving this!

Packaging.

The packaging is simple but I like it that it's in a tube. It's not bulky or made from glass so it's great to just chuck in your handbag, and as you know I love handbag essentials! It's also a back to MAC product which if you're not familiar with is where you can save up 6 of your empty MAC products and return to the store for a lipstick of your choice. Love that. 

Coverage.

It's got a medium to high coverage and just instantly looks like you have a new skin. It's easily build able and covers redness and blemishes easily. It's also SPF 15 which is fantastic! 
I apply it with a stipple brush (recently I quite like the real techniques one). As it has such a high coverage a little goes a very long way. For an easy day time look I probably only use a pea sized amount before buffing it into my skin.I think this also justifies the amount I spent on it too. At £24 it's more than I'd usually spend on a foundation for myself but I'm hoping it will last me a long time.
Because it's quite a heavy foundation I use the Select Moisturecover concealer around and under my eyes rather than the foundation. It's wonderful for dry skin and I always find it brightens my eyes more.

Finish.

It has a dewy finish which I tend to go for anyway so that's a plus. It's definitely dewy rather than glittery which you sometimes find in cheaper products. It really does help to brighten the appearance of dry skin.

Overall!

This is so far the best foundation I've tried to solve my dry skin problems. However if I'm having a really dry skin day I need to have a good scrub with an exfoliator before applying make-up, but that's just life really. It lasts the majority of my day but not ALL day. However, I don't powder all over after applying which would set the make-up for longer so I can't really complain. Once my skin is prepped and moisturised this doesn't flake which is the reason I bought it so overall, fantastic. 
I bought this over a month ago and haven't used another foundation since, if you have dry skin go give this a try!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, for £24 I'm tried between getting this foundation of the new bare mineral READY foundation!

    whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I've been looking for a good review on this! Hope you're feeling better too!! Silly British weather eh!

    Ill definitely give this a go :)

    Aimee
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete